Everyone loves free flights. By switching over from cash/debit card to a travel credit card for your daily spends, you can fly for free more often.
Here are four credit cards which can get you free flight tickets:
- Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
There are co-branded credit cards and general purpose credit cards. Co-branded ones restrict you to a particular airline while general purpose credit cards let you redeem points for flights across airlines. Let’s take a look at 4 credit cards which can bring you closer to your travel goals.
1) Citi PremierMiles Credit Card
- 10,000 miles on the first spend of Rs. 1,000 or more.
- 10 miles on Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions.
- 4 miles on Rs. 100 spent on all other transactions.
- Miles can be redeemed for flights/hotels premiermiles.co.in.
Annual fees: Rs. 3,000.
Why it’s great: Flexibility in booking flights across any airline in the world.
2) JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Credit Card
- 7,500 bonus JP Miles and one way (base fee waived) Jet Airways ticket on enrolment.
- 6 JP Miles for Rs. 150 spent on retail expenses.
- 18 JP Miles for Rs. 150 spent on every flight booked on www.jetairways.com
Annual fees: Rs. 2500 (Renewal fees waived off if spends greater than Rs. 3 Lakh)
Why it’s great: Accelerated JP Miles on every day spends. Low renewal fees.
3) American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
- 1 reward point for every Rs. 50 spent.
- Get travel vouchers more than Rs. 11,800 on spending over 4 lakhs/year
- Also get Taj Experience Gift Cards worth Rs. 10,000 on spending over 4 lakh/year
- Miles can be redeemed for travel on makemytrip.com
Annual fees: Rs. 3,500 for the first year. Rs. 5,000 second year onward.
Why it’s great: Bonus vouchers on higher spends. Flexibility in picking any airline for points redemption.
4) Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
- 8 JP Miles for every Rs. 150 spent (except fuel, insurance, utilities & cash transactions).
- 16 JP Miles for every Rs. 150 spent on flight bookings on jetairways.com.
- 10,000 bonus JP Miles plus one way Jet Airways ticket (base fare waived) on enrolment.
- Free Priority Pass membership which enables lounge access.
Annual fees: Rs. 5000 for the first year. Rs. 10,000 second year onwards.
Why it’s great: While the annual fees are one of the highest, for frequent flyers of Jet Airways the accelerated miles program is unmatched.