Parag Parikh Long Term equity fund is a diversified equity fund investing across sectors and countries.
- The fund invests a part of the investment corpus (Below 35%) in foreign listed securities. This works extremely well in providing a hedge when the Indian markets are underperforming.
- Currency risk is managed by hedging.
- The fund has managed to give positive returns of 18% in the last one year when many India focussed funds have underperformed.
- Insiders (Employees/Managers) hold 5.04% (As on 31/12/2019) of the fund indicating ‘Skin in the Game’. It provides comfort to investors.
- Suitable for investors who want to invest only for the long term. (Five years or more)
- Investors get indirect ownership of big global tech names such as Alphabet, Amazon & Facebook through this fund.
- A good fund option to diversify any portfolio that is heavily reliant on Indian equities.
Parag Parikh Long Term Equity Fund is a multi-cap fund that invests across sectors, market capitalization and geography. A minimum of 65% of the corpus is invested in Indian Equities with some portion of the fund invested in equities listed in other countries.
Returns: (As of 24/01/20)
Since Launch: 17.07%
3 Yr: 14.91%
5 Yr: 11.54
Top 5 Holdings:
- Alphabet Inc. Class C
- HDFC Bank
- Bajaj Holdings & Investment
- Amazon.Com Inc (USA)
- ICICI Bank
Other Scheme Details:
Expense Ratio: 1.17% (As on 31/12/19)
Minimum Investment: Rs. 1000
Exit Load: 2% before 365 days. 1% between 366 and 730 days.
Fund Managers: Rajeev Thakkar, Raunak Onkar & Raj Mehta
(All Return percentages are for the Direct Plan.)